Saturday, February 12, 2011

For Your Table: cloth napkins

FxCam_1295468233041

The Natural Resources Defense Council estimates that if every home in the United States replaced just one 250-count package of paper napkins with recycled napkins, we could save one million trees.

Cloth napkins, or "unpaper napkins" as my friend Maria and I call them, are a staple in our house. We're messy folk.  I wish I could blame it on the kids, but I'm a messy momma myself.  (Just ask my family. They love to spill all my messy little secrets!)

You don't have to spend a bunch to have a nice cloth napkin stash. In fact, most of mine come from fabric scraps! They're simple to make and easy to wash (and much softer on dirty little faces!).

Check out The Organic Family Shop; we'll be posting some to purchase soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment