Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cloth diapering: Muttaqins

Evangeline wearing a Muttaqin fitted diaper (size large)

If you asked me which diaper I grab first, I'd say the Muttaqin.  It's been my all time favorite since we switched to fitted diapers.  (Note: fitted diapers require a waterproof cover.)

Not only are they extremely cute, they seem cozy, comfortable, and soft. They are made with top-quality fabrics and any snaps that would be on the inside of the diaper are hidden so they don't press against baby's skin. Not only are they wonderfully absorbent, but they also contain "messes" well.  I've never had a blow out with these babies!

"Mutts", as they are known in cloth diaper circles, come in a variety of designs.  One of their most economical designs is their unique one size diaper, which they call the 3 Step Rise 1 Size (referred to 3SR Mutts in the CD world). Because of their adjustability, they fit from 8-35lbs.

Those anticipating the arrival of a newborn may love their Newborn Sized diapers which come with a snap down umbilical area to avoid covering that fragile little umbilical stump. These diapers typically fit from 5-15lbs because of a special snap down rise which made.  When your baby outgrows these, he or she will fit wonderfully into 3SR Mutts.  Mutt's NB sized diapers are deliciously adorable. These will definitely hold in those newborn would-be-blowouts!  These are newborn diapers you don't have to feel guilty about splurging on since they fit a wider range.  I have a hard time buying diapers that only fit up to 8 or 9lbs, since my last two have been around eight and a half pounds!  Seems like a waste!

Mutt's Front-Snapping diapers are the ones I am most familiar with.  They come in medium and large sizes.  Evie, at the average size for a 16 month old, can easily fit in both medium and large sizes.  She never has red marks on her skin from the gussets or snaps (since the snaps are hidden).  I generally use a Thirsties Duo Wrap (size 2), Bummis Super Brite (Medium) or wool soaker (like EcoPosh) over these diapers.

Muttaqin also carries side-snapping diapers (which I'd love to test out! I'm new to side-snapping!), "Baby-shapped" diapers, and turned and top-stitched sized diapers (their other diapers are serged).




FYI, I am not being paid to post this review. This is just a personal review of some of my favorite cloth diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment